Tuesday, October 29, 2013

PG GP01 by NUNU (Thailand GBWC 2013 entry)


I just had to keep some of these pics for my personal archives and future reference, because Thai modeller Nunu has done an absolutely exquisite job on this PG kit. As y'all know, I have my opinions about the results of the Thai GBWC 2013 for which this entry was submitted, but since I've already blogged about it, let's not go there. We'll instead appreciate this entry for what it's worth. Could more have been done? Sure. Maybe he could have used a different colour scheme. Maybe it would actually have looked better without a maintenance bay, just a standalone acrylic piece like you see here. Or maybe if Nunu had the time for an equally exquisite maintenance bay to go along with the Gundam, it would have popped too. But we can go on forever about the maybes. End of the day, only one thing is for sure. His details ROCK. This is beyond RG type detailing on a PG-scale, and the difficulty level is off the charts, folks. I for one, liked his concept - showing half of a body with opened armour, and the other half, closed. But man am I glad I never acted on the idea bcos this one would put anything I could do to shame LOL.  If you want some panel-lining and armour-separation references, you've come to the right place. Let's roll...



















3 comments:

Steve said...

the difficulty and precision that went into this entry is far beyond amazing. to bad they didnt realize this at the gbwc. this is amazing work. such precision. its almost machine like. i think only people who build models and modd them would fully understand the skill that went into this entry. nunu is a genius! i can barely rescribe panel lines to help give them depth much less do what he did on this kit! great post waylander.

Lollipop said...

I agree with Steve. The details on this guy are incredible and replicated perfectly symmetrical. The detailing is very tasteful and honestly looks so professional the judges probably didn't even realize that those were not details that came with the kit. Really a shame that it did not get noticed but I would be proud to just to be able to say "I made that" regardless of whether I won or not.

Waylander said...

I'm seriously starting to think the judge overlooked his entry thinking it was just a mildly detailed PG GP01. That would be a gross screw-up....LOL

FIND IT!

COOL FOLKS